The history of Shri Vani Vilas dates back to 1956, when Shri. Subba Reddiyar, an enterprising gentleman from the village of Rangasamudram, Nanguneri Taluk, Tirunelveli District, India, decided to bring to the shores of the erstwhile Ceylon (now, Sri Lanka) the flavours of authentic, South Indian vegetarian cuisine.
From a humble beginning, the Restaurant stole the hearts of the entire island and grew up to be the most favoured South Indian Vegetarian Restaurant in the capital town of Sri Lanka. A decade later, Shri. Subbaraman, from Moolaikkaraipatti Village of Nanguneri Taluk, Tirunelveli District, India, took over the Restaurant in 1966. Since then there was no looking back.
Hardwork and dedication to serve nothing but the best food saw Shri Vani Vilas soar high in the hearts of the people of this island. “Customer is our King” was the sole motto of Shri. Subbaraman and his team at the hotel. That explains the unparalleled patronage of the islanders who are repeat .